It amazes and amuses me that such a liberal store has a logo commonly associated with guns and hunting – the bullseye.
Let’s look at their history but not the history they have on a timeline on their website.
Since I was little, Target has
* refused to allow the Salvation Army to post buckets and volunteers outside the store collecting funds for those in need.
* been anti-military by penalizing reservists called back to active duty.
* again refused to allow Salvation Army to stand outside their stores after a few years of it being permitted.
* refused to allow a long-retired Marine to be posted at the store collecting Toys for Tots.
* refused to acknowledgment the differences that make each child special by getting rid of anything that could be “controversial” in the toy section as far as is it for boys or girls?
* finally said there are no such things as genders, use whichever bathroom you feel like regardless of how it makes others feel.
One of my friends posted that the probability of a transgender person attacking a person in one of those mixed bathrooms is far less than that transgender person being attacked. So, maybe Target is actually anti-transgender if they are promoting and increasing the chances of a transgender person being attacked? There’s a thought, but I think they are trying to strengthen their liberal stance.
Here’s what they, and all the people bashing Christians and non-Christians who oppose mixed bathrooms are missing: we are not saying or insinuating that the transgender person is going to rape us or our kids. We are saying that this provides an opportunity for a straight pervert to attack us. All that criminal has to do is say, “I was born male but identify more as a female,” and they will be allowed in a bathroom with vulnerable girls of all ages. THAT is why the majority of people are so against Target and others allowing transgenders to use bathrooms for the gender not belonging to their body.
For as often as Target has missed the mark on their corporate policies, they need to either change their name and logo or enlarge that logo so they have a better shot of hitting the bullseye.
Postscript: You can read back through my older posts to see what my views are on the gays and such, but since I haven’t specifically covered transgender, here is my very concise thought on it: To say that you were born in one gender but were meant to be the opposite is saying that God made a mistake. God does not make mistakes.